How to find us
Just enter “Gites Limousin, Videix” in Google Maps, and it will take you directly to us.
We are visible on “Google Earth view” but not yet on “Google Street view” since the imagery has not yet covered all the country lanes in France; but it will take you to our closest turn-off.
Location: 45.784401, 0.732325
Limoges Airport: Bristol / Leeds Bradford / Stansted / East Midlands / Manchester
Poitiers Airport: ALL London airports (Stansted / City / Gatwick / Heathrow / Luton)
Bergerac Airport: Stansted / East Midlands / Bristol / Liverpool / Birmingham / Exeter / Southampton / Edinburgh / Manchester / Leeds Bradford.
Bordeaux Airport: Bristol / Manchester / Birmingham / Edinburgh / Belfast / Dublin / Glasgow / Liverpool / Gatwick / Heathrow / Luton / Stansted
If you wish to travel by train there are several routes available from the UK. Look for the ones that involves just 1 change and vary between 6 and 7 hours in duration. They leave London, St Pancras International and arrive at Angouleme; changing at Lille or Gare du Nord, Paris.
Eurotunnel : Folkestone to Calais – 35 minute crossing with up to 4 crossings per hour.
Ferries : There are 5 companies, 9 UK / Irish ports and 16 routes available: arriving in Roscoff, St Malo, Cherbourg, Caen, Le Havre, Dieppe, Calais or Dunkirk.
I am happy to provide various driving suggestions including or avoiding tolls.
- Limoges airport – 45 minutes
- Angouleme train station – 50 minutes
- Poitiers airport – 1 hour 45 minutes
- Bergerac airport – 2 hours
- Bordeaux airport – 2 hours 15 minutes
- Paris Charles de Gaulle airport – 5 hours 30 minutes by car / or 1 hour 50 minutes to Angouleme by train + 50 minute drive in a hire car.
- Caen ferry terminal – 5 hours
- St Malo ferry terminal – 5 hours 30 minutes
- Le Havre ferry terminal – 5 hours 40 minutes
- Cherbourg and Dieppe ferry terminals – 6 hours
- Calais ferry terminal and Eurostar – 7 hours 30 minutes
Hire cars are available from airports or the train station; remember they will be left hand drive, so for those guests travelling from the UK opting for an automatic could be worth considering.
Please check the relevant websites for up to date information as flights & crossings do change each season, and from March annually. There may also be other companies I have missed.
As a rough guide, we are equidistant between Angouleme & Limoges on the D13 / D10